The Steelmax D1 is an ultra-compact magnetic drilling machine with maximum capacity of 1-3/8" diameter in 2" thick material. The D1's ultra-light weight of 22 lbs is the lowest in its class. The maintenance free rail guide system minimizes run-out, maintains accuracy and reduces cutter breakage.
The D1 is equipped with an electromagnetic Energy Saving Base (ESB) which uses only 50% of the power when the motor is not under load, dramatically increasing the operating life of the electromagnet. The D1 has a Magnetic Field Shape Control (MFSC) system which provides maximum holding power on thin material.
Annual Cutters are Not Included and Must be Ordered Separately.
• 1-3/8" (36mm) Diameter X 2" (51mm) Depth of Cut
• Compact and Light Weight - 14-3/4" Working Height | 22 Lbs
• Adjustable Cutter Guard
• Through Spindle Coolant System with Removable Reservoir
• Maintenance Free Rail Guide System
• Safe Magnet Circuitry Recognizes Magnetic Holding Power
• Automatic Slug Ejection System
• Magnet is 1/3 Smaller, Lighter, and Stronger than Competitor Models
• Magnet uses Only 50% Power When Not Under Load
• Designed for Easy Field Service and Repair
• All Aluminum Parts are Heat Treated for Rigidity